Hello! I am sorry I did not post yesterday- I was too busy fighting with Office 365. I was having a difficult time with getting things set up properly. I am sorry for not posting!
Today is a new day and let’s get things started!
**Survivor Pool Update:**
So far, the following people are voted out and on Edge of Extinction: Ethan, Parvarti, Rob, Amber, Sandra (who left the game completely), Natalie, and Danni and Wendell. That means, Logan, Ryder, Kaleb, Ryland, And Ms. Kneller all have people in jeopardy of being out. Tyson got back into the game by winning the challenge. There will be one more challenge to get back into the game. I will keep you posted!
- Try to make some time to do something active today. Put on some music if you can and try doing some exercises of some sort. Getting your heart rate up and having you breathe heavy is a good thing. You could do this inside your house, or outside. Try doing this for at least 20 minutes. You can have exercises that are hard (to make you breathe heavy and get heart rate up (like jumping jacks) and then easier ones like jogging on the spot or arm lifts)
- Today is do something nice for one or two (or more) of your family members. It can be something as simple as helping your parent with household chores or making lunch for everyone. Try to think of something that will make your family member smile and say thank you to you for making their day a little brighter.
- As you know, we have many people helping us through this to tough time. Many of your parents may be some of those people. In order to show that we are thankful to them, you can do some wonderful things. Putting hearts in your window with a thank you to first responders, health care workers, grocery store workers, etc. Can you think of others to ad to this list?
- If you can, try logging on to Office 365. It can be tricky, but it eventually works. Go to microsoft.com and then go to office 365 for students. Put in your email address and password I gave your parents. Then, go into the button that says Teams. You should be able to find your name. Under your name you will find different tabs (think of it like a binder with dividers). There is a tab called Novel Study. Click on it and you will find out which novel you will be doing. It is not the ones we had talked about before. If you can, check out the tab that says Extra. It will have a list of sites that you can go to. I might have to post it still, so keep looking. I am learning too!
- If you have a book at home, spend some quiet time reading. If you do not have a book, try watching your favourite tv show with closed captioning on it. See if you can keep up with the reading on the bottom of the screen. Of course, you should mute your tv! Give it a try!
- Ask someone in your house to ask you some times tables as you are sitting around. Perhaps 10 or so!
- Play- yes, play. Find something that you love doing and play! I hope it is something that will make you have to be creative, or think! Try building something out of things you can find in your house, play a board game, the ideas are endless!
- On Monday your parents are to come and pick up your stuff. They have a set time to come, based on your last name. Remember to to come to the back door of the classroom so we can stay safe and socially distanced. After that, we will be on track!
- Stay safe. Remember to wash your hands at least every hour. Use soap and warm water. I know this is a bit of a scary time, but we will get through this together.
I sure miss you all and I hope that we can video chat, or chat online through Teams soon. Take care! Cheers! Ms. Kneller